Teens, College Students and Young Professionals
If you are interested in joining our Ambassador Program please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to apply.
Who are Note in the Pocket’s Ambassadors?
Our ambassadors are passionate and articulate youth and young adult representatives from a wide array of schools and communities who support Note in the Pocket.
“Everybody has a chance to make a child’s life a little bit brighter, and I think that alone makes the teen ambassador program worth it.”
–Patrick Moore, 2016/17 Teen Ambassador
What is the goal of the program?
Our goal is that the Ambassadors will be our voice in their schools and/or workplace and communities and help us to expand our program by obtaining new volunteers, high quality, school appropriate clothing, and financial support. By speaking up for those in need, we also hope to expand the heart of service already present in those who participate.
What is required of participants?
This program is designed as either an independent study with an activity guide that can be completed at your pace, or you can recruit others to form a service team or club at your school or religious community. You will be assigned an advisor who will help you track your accomplishments. The following requirements will be met.
- If you are interested in applying please submit an Interest Form, along with a letter detailing your interest and passion for supporting your community and Note in the Pocket’s mission.
- A summer volunteer requirement of 10 hours of accumulated service that includes participation in an orientation training on one of three dates provided. Orientations are from 12:00 – 1:00 and we recommend that you volunteer before the orientation if you are able.
- Ambassador’s will be expected to volunteer at NITP, generate public awareness, host an approved clothing collection, create their own fundraising plan, and participate in our biggest fundraising event, the Note in the Pocket Socks & Undie 5K Rundie in the spring.
- Additional volunteer opportunities will be provided both at the Volunteer Center and at various off-site events throughout the year.
What are the benefits of the program?
- Learn about the functions and demands of running a nonprofit organization
- Develop and hone leadership skills
- Provide guidance and support in planning, developing, and implementing projects which will improve the lives of children throughout Wake County
- Develop community awareness
- Engage donors
- Increase community partnerships
- Nurture a heart for service
- Works as an independent study, complete projects at your own pace
- This program can be started and completed at any time
How do you join?
Interested in becoming a Teen Ambassador? Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to apply.