Teens, College Students and Young Professionals
Our ambassadors are passionate and articulate youth and young adult representatives from a wide array of schools and communities who support Note in the Pocket.
Applications are open for the 2023-2024 Ambassador Program. Apply using the link below. Applications due August 25, 2023.
“Note in the Pocket has taught me so much, and I am incredibly thankful to this day. I got involved with the Teen Board before my sophomore year, and I got over my fears of public speaking by learning how to do elevator pitches and how to do my own fundraiser. I ran a clothing drive, eventually raising over a U-Haul truck’s worth of clothes! These are valuable skills that I will use throughout, and I now have a newfound passion for serving the community. Thank you to Note in the Pocket, I am forever grateful!.”
What is the goal of the program?
Our goal is that the Ambassadors will be our voice in their schools and/or workplace and communities and help us to expand our program by obtaining new volunteers, high quality, school appropriate clothing, and financial support. By speaking up for those in need, we also hope to expand the heart of service already present in those who participate.
What is required of participants?
This program is designed as either an independent study with an activity guide that can be completed at your pace, or you can recruit others to form a service team or club at your school or religious community. You will be assigned an advisor who will help you track your accomplishments. The following requirements will be met.
- A summer volunteer requirement of 10 hours of accumulated service that includes participation in an orientation training on one of three dates provided.
- Ambassador’s will be expected to volunteer at NITP, generate public awareness, host an approved clothing collection, create their own fundraising plan, and participate in our biggest fundraising event, the Note in the Pocket Socks & Undie 5K Rundie in the spring.
- Additional volunteer opportunities will be provided both at the Volunteer Center and at various off-site events throughout the year.
What are the benefits of the program?
- Learn about the functions and demands of running a nonprofit organization
- Develop and hone leadership skills
- Provide guidance and support in planning, developing, and implementing projects which will improve the lives of children throughout Wake County
- Develop community awareness
- Engage donors
- Increase community partnerships
- Nurture a heart for service
- Works as an independent study, complete projects at your own pace
- This program can be started and completed at any time
How do you join?
Interested in becoming a Teen Ambassador? Please contact email@example.com for more information on how to apply.