"The Cary Woman’s Club participated in Note in the Pocket’s Mobile Volunteer Program. It was such a wonderful experience. Everything was so well organized, the time passed so quickly. All of our members had nothing but positive comments”
Mary Derrick, Former Cary Woman’s Club President
Our new Mobile Volunteer Program (MVP) was designed to provide a fun, convenient, and start-to-finish way for local schools, religious groups, civic groups, and businesses in Wake County to help local children in need from the convenience of their location.
We will help your group or organization accomplish the following goals:
- Host an item specific clothing collection prior to your event.
- Host a volunteer event at your location where your group will process and sort donated clothing that will eventually create mini-wardrobes for school children.
- Provide financial support that will help Note in the Pocket reach more students in need.
What is included with the MVP event package?
- Information on the basics of conducting a clothing drive.
- An onsite visit and planning meeting prior to the event.
- Trained volunteer leaders who will guide and facilitate the entire process.
- All of the equipment and supplies needed to process clothing at the event.
- Transportation of all donations, equipment and supplies to and from your location.
- The priceless feeling of giving back to those less fortunate.
What is the financial investment to host an MVP event?
The Mobile Volunteer Program was created to accommodate groups that are either too large for our center to accommodate, or who would like the convenience of hosting a community or team building event at their facility. MVP fees are tax deductible minus expenses incurred for the event. The program fee to host an MVP event is $1000 for groups up to 25 people. There is a $40 per person cost for each additional volunteer.
The funds will be used to help provide mini-wardrobes of clothing to local students living in poverty. Wardrobes include new socks and underwear, shoes, a variety of tops and bottoms to mix, match, and layer, and any outerwear appropriate to the season.